Quinoa granola, fresh fruit and strained greek yogurt are a match made in heaven! I enjoy it with pomegranate, pineapple and a little drizzling of honey, because it’s not a super sweet granola. This is also an awesome breakfast or snack to take on the trail.
• 5 cups rolled oats
• 3 tbsp. cinnamon (I really like cinnamon)
• 1 tbsp. nutmeg (I really like nutmeg too)
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 cup raw almonds
• ½ cup linseeds
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• Preheat your oven to 150°C (300°F).
• In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients (minus the coconut) and mix well.
• In another bowl add the honey and oil; then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it easier to combine with the dry ingredients.
• Yep, you guessed it – combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
• Transfer the mixture to a (baking paper lined) shallow tray and bake for 15 minutes.
• Remove the tray, stir the granola and mix through the coconut.
• Bake for a further 15 minutes and you’re done. Just let it cool before breaking up the chunks and transferring to an airtight container.